Monday, June 13, 2005

It's a small world


Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

Remember that line near the beginning of Last Crusade. Professor Jones is teaching a class in the lecture hall and he says this:

"Archaeology is the search for fact. Not truth. If it's truth you're interested in, Doctor Tyree's Philosophy class is right down the hall."

Well, I met Dr. Tyree yesterday. He lives in Macomb, IL, and attends St. George's Episcopal Church, where I was the supply priest. He is a very kindly and distinguished old gentleman who is small of stature and always wears his rather eccentric scarf around. The Deacon of the parish pointed him out to me and said that he was the man on whom that particular line in the movie was based.

And being a huge Indiana Jones fan, I thought that was the coolest thing in the world. I wanted to get a picture with him to put on the blog, but I didn't have a camera with me, so you'll just have to trust me on this one. He, of course, doesn't actually appear in the film, they simply used his name.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home